FACILITIES AT THE LOOKOUT
• Spacious tiled outer hall with coat hooks, space for boots, shopping bags etc
• Light and airy double height large wooden-floored inner hall with open tread staircase
• Guest WC with sink adjacent to inner hall
• Very large Kitchen/Dining/Sitting room with two sets of French doors leading onto large patio and lawn, each with panoramic views. Two sofas, one in bay window overlooking the view. Armchair. Large coffee table suitable for jigsaws etc. Television/DVD player. CD player. I-pod docking station. Broadband WiFi.
• Brand new kitchen area equipped with two electric ovens, halogen hob, built-in microwave, dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, food processor. Corkscrew. Wine glasses. New crockery. Cooking equipment. Teatowels. Apron, Ovenglove etc.
• Utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron, ironing board, drying racks
• Television/playroom/snug room with Sky Plus Sports TV, DVD player. Sofa and throw. Extensive DVD collection suitable for young children. Board games.
• Bedroom no 1: SuperKing size bed (6 foot 6 inches), en-suite room with curved shower cubicle, WC, sink, cupboards, lit mirror and heated towel rail. Excellent storage corridor with hanging cupboards and shelves providing privacy/seclusion from living area. Sliding French doors to West patio and garden. See the sea and the islands from the comfort of your bed.
• Bedroom no 2: West and south facing windows. Views over Fastnet lighthouse and several islands. Twin beds. Chest of drawers. Shelf unit. Hanging rail. Bedside Lockers. Bedside lamps. Heated towel rail. A room full of character, much loved by children.
• Bedroom no 3: East and south facing windows. Views over Mount Gabriel and seven islands. Twin beds. Chest of drawers. Hanging rail. Bedside Locker. Bedside lamp. Heated towel rail. WiFi box.
• Shower room (electric shower) with sink. Internally lit mirror.
• WC room with sink.
• Spacious south facing landing room with stunning views. Bean bags for lounging on landing.
• Half-size snooker table with balls and cues. Table tennis table with bats. Please bring ping-pong balls if you wish to use, although we always leave some in the games room.
• Very large storage capacity for surf boards, wet suits etc
• Outside water barrel for rinsing wetsuits etc, rotating clothes line, patio furniture
- Bed linen & Bath towels supplied. Beach towels not supplied.
- Oil fired central heating and hot water
- The master bedroom is on the ground floor and the other bedrooms are upstairs. If smaller children wish to be on the same floor as their parents, they can readily bed down on the floor in the TV room/snug room. If you plan to do this, please bring your own mattress and sleeping bags. The beds upstairs have comfortable waterproof washable and tumble-dryable mattress covers to facilitate families with children. The sofas do not have waterproof covers.
The house and garden are suitable for children. There are no hazardous ponds in the vicinity. The road is not close to the house and traffic is scanty.
The large field in front of the house is a fun and safe place for children to play. The grass near the house is mown regularly. Further away, it is cut just once a year in August to encourage wild flowers and grasses.
The house is about thirty five metres down a gently sloping driveway with a cattle grid at the entrance gate. Near the house, it opens onto a large parking area. There are low walls and some steps around the patios. Parents of toddlers should be aware of a short set of steps descending from the patio to the field. There are drops on the exposed natural rock above the garage, which could be hazardous to toddlers, but it is difficult for small children to access this area as gorse and brambles would deter them.
- There are smoke detectors upstairs and downstairs.